Monday, 18 May 2015

Racial Discrimination, help make a difference!

I'm getting excited, in the one more week I will be leaving Sydney on the 12th to embark on a new adventure. After Charles Perkins suggested the SAFA  go around New South Wales to the towns with the worst reputation for racism, to give them knowledge and hopefully change their racist views. A lot of people thought Charles was crazy to suggest it, and to be honest i believed that at first too. I am one of thirty-three students joining the ride to end the raical discrimination. I am not aboriginal myself, and yet I still believe the aboriginal families should deserve every right that us white people have. They should be able to raise a child, without the white people taking them away and devastating the poor families and ruining their culture. which is why I have joined because i was to help aboriginal people to have rights and their freedom. I thought it was so inspirational to see how much it really means to these people and         surprisingly the Freedom ride will have participants (Charles Perkins and the Freedom Rides N.D) that aren't aboriginal  I will update everyone as I
                                                                          go along, and please share and read these posts to give us a better chance to creating aboriginal freedom. We leave on the twelfth of February to arrive at our first destination so we should be at Orange on the 13th and we should cover Wellington on the same day if on schedule, and I will update my blog with information once I arrive.

This is the route which us freedom riders will take as seen on the above picture.
                                         
-Judith Rich

References-
retrieved at:
Wikipedia (30, April 2015). Freedom ride (Australia). Retrieved June 1,2015, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Ride_(Australia)
retrived at:

Wikipedia (30, April 2015). Freedom ride (Australia). Retrieved June 1, 2015, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Ride_(Australia)#Participants

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited too! I really hope we can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited as well but honestly i'm also scared hope we can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is going to be a journey to remember. I hope you guys are successful in raising awareness and stop this blatant racism. It is such a noble cause, you are all very brave and I admire what you are doing. All the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is going to be a journey to remember. I hope you guys are successful in raising awareness and stop this blatant racism. It is such a noble cause, you are all very brave and I admire what you are doing. All the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am also excited but a little bit nervous because of the many new people i will be meeting along the way, when Charles approached me i thought that i was in trouble but after that i was ok with the idea. i heard rumours going around about how Charles was crazy for doing this but i didn't believe them because at least he has a passion t follow. look forward to meeting you in week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going on this freedom ride to raise awareness about the discrimination to Aboriginals is such a great idea, i looking forward to going and making a difference and i hope that people actually change their minds about how they feel, we should be treated as equals and not be taken advantage of just because of the colour that we are.

    ReplyDelete